Come celebrate our nation’s Independence with us in a fun-filled exciting day in Marietta!
Become a part of the “Blue Blizzard” with Cobb Democrats at Marietta’s July 4 Parade. Let’s ratchet up our BLUE pride and make a splash on Cobb County’s grandest stage. We will gather at
• The parade will begin at the Roswell Street Baptist Church, 774 Roswell St NE, Marietta, Ga. 30060. Walkers should arrive no later than 9:15 am, but keep in mind parking is limited and you may want to come earlier. The location of our float will be staged in “A” section, with our entry number being #077.
• Prohibited items: No hand held signs, candidate material, or handing/tossing candy into the crowd of onlookers.
• The parade will continue on, rain or shine. Please remember it will be hot, items you may wish to bring are: a water bottle, sunglasses, hat, and sunscreen.
• There is no parking available at the end of the parade, however air conditioned shuttle buses will be available to deliver participants back to Roswell Street Baptist Church and the Center for Family Resources (old Life University) lot.
• Come be a part of this fun event, we welcome all candidates, volunteers, individuals, families, progressive minded groups, and veterans.
• “Blue Blizzard” Parade t-shirts available. If you would like to purchase one ($20.00) please email: Lynne Tipton at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to walk in the parade please signup here
- Door open at 12:00pm
- Food Service starts at 1:00pm
- Awards Ceremony and Candidates at 2:00pm
- Games, Music & Laughing: Until at least 4:00pm
After the parade, bring the family to our Annual July 4 Festival and Herb Butler Picnic. Come get out of the heat and join us in a massive air-conditioned space that will be full of food, fun and fellowship! We will have a top of the line catered event with all the trimmings. Music, games, face painting – family fun for everyone! Candidates will be in attendance as well!
2018 CCDC Picnic will feature barbeque with vegetarian options. The cost is only $10.00 per person. (Kids 10 and under eat free)