Your Cobb County Democrats are having an ONLINE Auction this year! Understand that this isn’t like the live auction of the past so we will need your help to make the auction a great success!
We’ll need you to provide a PHOTO of your valuable items (no rummage sale, folks!) with the following information via email:
1) Title ( or name of the item)
2) Subtitle (if it makes sense)
3) Description (less than 100 words)
4) Categories (up to 3 like Antiques, Appliances, Art, Autos, Boats, Baby, Books, Business, Cameras, Photo, Clothing, Collectibles, Crafts, Dining, Electronics, Entertainment, Events, Everything , Food, Gift Baskets, Gift Certificates, Health, Beauty, Home, Garden, Jewelry, Watches, Leisure, Memberships, Memorabilia, Movies, Music, Musical Instruments, Real Estate, Specialty Services, Sporting Goods, Tickets, Toys, Games, Travel)
5) Fair Market Value, new Value, or Priceless
6) Starting Bid (default of 25% of Value)
7) Minimum Bid Increment (default of 20% of Starting Bid)
8) Buy Now Price (Default of Value)
9) Donor Name
Your photo can be taken with a camera phone, just make sure you have a plain or suitable background.
From Beverly McMurray / Carol Stephens, we have 5 nice items, a dozen old posters and ~100 old buttons. In addition, she has given all the old patriotic decorations / table center pieces that can fill a bag.
Once item is on line. You can see it here!
The Online Auction will begin on APRIL 5th and end at our Jefferson Jackson Dinner, MAY 17th! The cutoff date for donations will be APRIL16th. Members are asked to send photos or bring items to the breakfast on APRIL12th. Rukia Rogers will store items at her home. We will limit five valuable items per donation.
Qualifying for Democratic Candidates in the 2014 Cobb County Elections will be conducted March 3-7 at our office at 166 Anderson St, Suite 113, Marietta GA 30060.
You will officially declare your intention to run by completing a form and paying a fee during the following times. The process is called “Qualifying”.
Starting Date: Monday, March 3, 2014 at 9:00am
Ending Date: Friday, March 7, 2014 at 12:00noon
***The qualifying form must be signed and notarized. Candidates are responsible for providing a properly notarized form–notaries may not be available at the qualifying office.***
Accepting Campaign Donations
Many laws regulating the acceptance of campaign contributions are governed by the Georgia Government Transparency and Campaign Finance Commission. Please visit their Website before accepting any donations.
Offices on the Ballot in 2014
Click here for a list of Offices to be Elected in 2014
Requirements for Qualifying
Various offices have different requirements for those who wish to run. It is the applicant’s responsibility to determine what the qualifications are and that they are met. Click here for information www.sos.ga.gov/elections. County offices such as Chief Magistrate may have additional requirements. If so, they can be found in the online Cobb County Code: library.municode.com
Qualifying fees for County Offices only click here.
County level partisan offices will qualify at locations determined by the Cobb Republican Party or the Cobb Democratic Party. Nonpartisan judges will qualify at the Cobb Elections Office. State offices qualify at locations in Atlanta. Click here for more information.
List of Registered Voters
Please call the Cobb Elections Office at 770/528-2581 for information about ordering lists of registered voters in your district.
O.C.G.A. § 16-7-58(a) prohibits you from erecting signs on public or private property if you do not have permission to do so. Please note that the offices of Cobb County Government, Cobb County School District, and Marietta City Schools have indicated that they do not give permission for any campaign signs on their property.
- It shall be unlawful for any person to place posters, signs, or advertisements:
- On any public property or building, unless the owner thereof or the occupier as authorized by such owner has given permission to place such posters, signs, or advertisements on such property; provided, however, that signs within the rights of way of public roads shall be governed by Code Section 32-6-51;
- On any private property unless the owner thereof or the occupier as authorized by such owner has given permission to place such posters, signs, or advertisements on such property; and, provided, further that no municipal, county, or consolidated government may restrict by regulation or other means the length of time a political campaign sign may be displayed or the number of signs which may be displayed on private property for which permission has been granted; or
- On any property zoned for commercial or industrial uses if the placement of such posters, signs, or advertisements conflicts with any zoning laws or ordinances.
O.C.G.A. § 21-2-414 prohibits campaign signs on Election Day, including those on vehicles and hand-held, within 150 feet of a polling place or 25 feet of voters standing in line to vote.
- No person shall solicit votes in any manner or by any means or method, nor shall any person distribute or display any campaign literature, newspaper, booklet, pamphlet, card, sign, paraphernalia, or any other written or printed matter of any kind, nor shall any person solicit signatures for any petition or conduct any exit poll or public opinion poll with voters on any day in which ballots are being cast:
- Within 150 feet of the outer edge of any building within which a polling place is established;
- Within any polling place; or
- Within 25 feet of any voter standing in line to vote at any polling place.
The following information is provided to help you research sign ordinances in Cobb County and the various cities.
|Cobb County||(770) 528-2180||sign ordinance|
We are very excited to be working in conjunction with the Young Democrats of Kennesaw State University to offer a Michelle Nunn Training in Cobb County! Join us Saturday, March 8th at 9am-12pm.
This training is for anyone who would like to Volunteer with the Nunn Campaign, learn more about Michelle OR gain some insight into this important US Senate Campaign.
In addition to hearing from Michelle the Senior Staff who will share from their vast campaign experience.
Feel free to forward this email to your Progressive Friends.
Please sign up here and before the event you will receive a follow-up email with a more specific map and any updates.
I look forward to seeing you there, and sharing this incredible opportunity with you
Passing of our Dear Friend Roberto Moraes
We are very saddened about the passing of dedicated activist Roberto Moraes. His daughter wrote of him on FaceBook, “Our father, Roberto Moraes, passed away Monday Feb 24th after suffering a sudden stroke on the 13th while here in Brazil. Initially it was a minor stroke and he was expected to recover well, but by the 4th day of his recovery his condition had worsened, with swelling and more bleeding in his brain. He had emergency surgery to try to relieve the pressure on his brain and he was put into an induced coma and life support to allow the brain a better chance at recovery. However, the bleeding in his brain continued and despite another surgery, the damage was irreversible and he did not wake up from the coma.
He received excellent care at a public hospital here in Sao Paulo. He would have wanted everyone to know that a public health system really can work!
He was cremated today following his wishes and we are planning to plant a tree with his ashes in his memory at our farm in Brazil.
We want to thank everyone for their messages and are overwhelmed by the number of lives he has touched, both here in Brazil and in the US.”
We will post details of a memorial here once details are confirmed.
Join us for the Cobb County Democrats Business Meeting
We will also be conducting our election for First Vice-Chair. Only current Committee members will be eligible to vote.
WHEN: Saturday, October 19, 2013, 11am-1pm
WHERE: Marietta Fire Department Museum Conference Room, 205 Lawrence St, Marietta GA 30060
We will also be holding a voter registration education class from 9am-11am, same location.
Come join Cobb County Democrats Saturday, April 13th at 9am at 3 Amigos in Marietta. Our speaker will be Dewey McClain, President of the Atlanta/North Georgia Labor Council and retired Atlanta Falcon.
Want to be a part of the greatest single democratic organization ever conceived by the human race? JOIN THE COBB COUNTY DEMOCRATS today!! Members are more likely to experience eternal bliss and learn to divide by zero. JOIN TODAY!!