Welcome to the official web site for the Cobb County Democratic Party! We are the local county chapter of the Democratic Party, chartered under Article VII of the Democratic Party of Georgia (DPG) Charter.
The Cobb County Democratic Party is charged with countywide responsibility for the affairs of the Party. Our duties include:
- Elect DPG State Committee members
- Promote development of Party organizations and activities
- Seek and encourage qualified candidates for public office
- Support Democratic nominees
- Perform such primary and election functions as are required by law
- Maintain appropriate records
- Promote and add logistical support to the State Affirmative Action Program
- Raise funds for the above purposes
- Perform such other duties as may be required by the State Committee
The Democratic National Committee (DNC) is the formal governing body for the United States Democratic Party of which we, the Cobb County Democratic Party, are affiliated through the DPG. There are several core beliefs that tie our party together. Democrats believe that we’re greater together than we are on our own – that this country succeeds when everyone gets a fair shot, everyone does their fair share, and everyone plays by the same rules. Our party is focused on building an economy that lifts up all Americans, not just those at the top.
The Democratic Party platform is available here (https://democrats.org/about/party-platform/).
Here are the highlights:
- Raising wages, closing the wealth gap, strengthening Social Security
- Lowering health care costs; ensuring all Americans have access to quality, affordable health care; stabilizing Medicare and Medicaid
- Sensible immigration reform that keeps America’s promise
- Defending our borders, our ideals, and our institutions
- Supporting our veterans and military families
- Fixing our criminal justice system to eliminate systemic racism
- Guaranteeing rights for minorities, people with disabilities, the LGBTQ community, and all Americans
- Acting to advance women’s rights, protect access to reproductive care, fight for equal pay, stop violence against women, and elect more women to public office
- Protecting and promoting every American’s fundamental right to vote
- Advancing clean energy and climate change action
- Common-sense gun reforms
- Smarter infrastructure investments
- Advancing access to liberty and equality for all
- Investing in modern education and jobs programs that prepare our kids for tomorrow’s challenges
We are proud to be Georgia Democrats. If you want to be a part of this great grassroots team, please join us–give us a call at 404-988-1429. The time for action is now.